Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you all have a love-ly day!
To celebrate this day of love, and because I love my readers, I have a giveaway for you provided by the love-ly folks that bring us all things Cheerios. (Details at the end of this post.) They would love to introduce to you a brand new cereal called Banana Nut Cheerios.
I have tasted Banana Nut Cheerios and they are as good as you would expect a Cheerios cereal to be. And since I am on Weight Watchers, I was very happy to find that a serving of Banana Nut Cheerios was not only delicious, but only 2 points. Add a cup of fat free milk, for a total of 4 points. Not bad for such a yummy breakfast! You might even say I LOVE them.
But wait, there’s more: Banana Nut Cheerios® combines the whole grain goodness of Cheerios® with the great taste of real banana – a breakfast your whole family will love! Even better, Banana Nut Cheerios® cereal is a good source of calcium and Vitamin D, and is made with whole grain. It may reduce the risk of heart disease as part of a heart healthy diet. Visit www.banananutcheerios.com for discount coupons, great recipes and additional information.
You really need to to check out their website. It’s full of fun information, coupons, and recipes. Speaking of recipes, the one I am sharing below is from their site.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 cups Banana Nut Cheerios® cereal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Banana Nut Cheerios® cereal
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Place 2 cups cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper; crush with rolling pin to make 3/4 cup. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and oil with electric mixer on low speed until well mixed. Beat in buttermilk, vanilla and egg just until blended; beat in bananas. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until well mixed. Stir in 3/4 cup crushed cereal and chocolate chips. Spoon into pan; spread evenly.
- Place 1/2 cup cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper; coarsely crush with rolling pin. Sprinkle over batter in pan; press lightly.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come
Anyway, I believe I mentioned a giveaway. Courtesy of Cheerios and the wonderful people at MyBlogSpark, I have three Banana Nut Cheerios gift baskets to give away to three of my Saturday Stirrings participants. Each basket will include a VIP coupon for Banana Nut Cheerios, a banana tree with a fruit basket, two plastic cereal bowls, and a very nice non-stick loaf pan. Here’s a picture of the prize package.
To enter, post a recipe on your blog, then link it here on Mr. Linky. Please be sure to link directly to your recipe post and not your home page. Also, be sure to link back to this Saturday Stirrings post so your readers can hear about the Giveaway and find some really great recipes to try. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to post a recipe here in the comments.
Then, at 9pm EST on Sunday, February 15th, I will use a random number generator to select a winner from all the recipe posts on Mr. Linky and in the comments. I will post the winners names here on the blog, and contact them by email.
Ok, here’s Mr. Linky. Go to it!
Lots of Love,